|And that's why I got less than three hours of sleep last night
||[Aug. 22nd, 2016|10:30 am]
Cass - Fat And Sassy!
I'm switching my schedule around this week - I worked Saturday from 1-9pm, and then had to be in Monday morning for 8am. So naturally I didn't get to bed until 3 or so last night. It was cool out and a little stuffy in my apartment so I opened the kitchen window. I had a bunch of glasses and jars and a measuring cup drying on a tea towel on the counter nearby. I moved them all to one side of it to make sure the kitty could get up to the window without knocking any of them over.|
At 3:30 - mere seconds after I'd finally gone to sleep - I am jolted awake with an UNGODLY SOUND OF GLASS CRASHING, ALL THE GLASS. I yelled "WOAH WOAH WOAH" like that would help, and turned on the light in time to see a very sheepish cat dash past me and hide up on my dresser.
In hindsight, I should have known her claw might get caught in the towel. Theoretically.
Full tally of broken things:
- Two drinking glasses (my last two!)
- One giant pickle jar
- One two-cup measuring cup
I put on my sandals and swept everything into a little pile out of the way. I'll deal with it when I get home today, and I'll do another pass with the broom and one with the vacuum.
Things I'm thankful for:
- The glasses, etc. were clean and empty and dry, which will make clean-up easier
- My two (expensive!) Video Games Awesome beer steins were not part of the carnage
- I'd already made my lunch for work, so my need to use the kitchen this morning was minimal
- Kitty is fine
- One jar didn't break! :D :D :D